Through over 25 years in private practice and as lead IP counsel of a large, multinational corporation, Henry Query has developed a creative, business oriented approach to the development, management, enforcement and defense of his clients' intellectual property rights. Henry's U.S. and international patent litigation experience has defined his efforts to fashion relevant, enforceable patent portfolios which create competitive advantages for his clients. Working with business development professionals, Henry has provided insightful analyses of the IP portfolios of prospective target companies that have been used to garner favorable acquisition terms for his clients. With an extensive network of trusted foreign associates, Henry also assists his clients in procuring and enforcing patent and trademark rights throughout the world.
In addition to an extensive patent practice, Henry advises clients regarding the development, protection and exploitation of their IP rights; manages several of his clients' international patent and trademark portfolios; conducts due diligence reviews and disruptive technology assessments; educates clients regarding various aspects of IP law as applied to their specific businesses; investigates and defends against charges of infringement; provides litigation support for patent and trademark infringement actions; prepares and negotiates licenses and other partnering and technology transfer agreements; renders patentability, infringement and freedom to operate opinions; and assists in designing around third party patents.
- U.S. and Foreign Patents
- U.S. and Foreign Trademarks
- Patent and Trademark Portfolio Management
- IP Counseling and Opinions
- IP Enforcement, IP Defense and Litigation Support
- Due Diligence and Disruptive Technology Assessments
- IP Licensing and Technology Transfer Agreements
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, coursework in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., General Engineering with a concentration in Business
Admissions to Practice
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Registered to practice before United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association